Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SAS VA 7.1 User -Defined Formats

Occasional Contributor

SAS VA 7.1 User -Defined Formats

Hi, 

I'm trying to upload to VA an user-defined format i paste the .sas7bcat file in the directory /sasconfig/Lev1/AppData/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/AutoLoad/Formats

i try to run the runsas.sh but the log tells me it didnt find any new format. I also set my user defined format in my sasv9_usermod.cfg so that it can be insert in the fmtsearch, now i see my log and it shows me this but i have 0 observations on the format scan.

NOTE: FMTSEARCH=(FORMAT APFMTLIB WORK LIBRARY DBFORMAT.FORMATS/LOCALE)
NOTE: SCANNING INPUT FOLDERS

NOTE: There were 0 observations read from the data set WORK.SCANADDF.
NOTE: The data set WORK.SCANADDF has 0 observations and 7 variables.

Respected Advisor

Re: SAS VA 7.1 User -Defined Formats

How about trying the preferred method as described here:

http://support.sas.com/kb/47/100.html

The preferred method for making user-defined formats available to a SAS® Application Server is to name the format catalog formats.sas7bcat and to place it in SAS-config-dir/Lev1/SASApp/SASEnvironment/SASFormats.

Occasional Contributor

I used that note already but i dont have any results.

Respected Advisor

[ Edited ]

What is the name of your FORMATS catalog? Is it one of the ones listed in your FMTSEARCH option? To confirm:

proc options option=fmtsearch; run;

Also since you are using Unix I think both the catalog name and the FMTSEARCH name need to be uppercase. 

Occasional Contributor

The name of my format catalog is FORMAT you can see it in the part of the log of fmtsearch that i've post, i run the proc options and yes the result is the same that i post already.

FMTSEARCH=( FORMAT APFMTLIB WORK LIBRARY )
Specifies the order in which format catalogs are searched.
NOTE: PROCEDURE OPTIONS used (Total process time):

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation