BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vula
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Techies,

Can any one let me know how the lasr server is co located in Hadoop environment. 

My req is : I do have a lot of data located in different countries in the form of legacy and relational databases, so the team will ingest all the files and data into hadoop environment. So from there the data should be strucured in hive table format. Now we have to do all transformations using SAS DI or EG and load into LASR in memory to consume it for VA reports as per the requirement.

So i need to understand

1.how the data will be colocated  in Hadoop.

2. Where the calculations for all these tranformations will happen.

3. How to load the updated records from hadoop environment to LASR memory.

Any body can you please explain all the possible scenarios or the documentation that explain with architectural diagrams.

Thanks..

1 REPLY 1
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @vula

1.how the data will be colocated  in Hadoop.
The 9 FAQs about SAS VA paper may be able to answer some of your questions.  Here's the video of the talk.

2. Where the calculations for all these tranformations will happen.

It can be a mixture of some being in the SAS DI/EG and some in SAS VA - depending on what makes sense for the report.  You don't want all of your calculations in your dataset.

3. How to load the updated records from hadoop environment to LASR memory.
There are multiple methods - those are discussed in the paper above. 

You should also read the LASR Admin manual for more specific guidance.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation