I have installed sas va 9.4 distributed and at the moment, I'm going to install sas enterprise miner server.
I have some questions for you:
1. Can i install sas enterprise miner server on sas va 9.4 server together(sas node)?
2. If step 1 is possible, Which does sas enterprise miner I need to download and need to install which pre-installation??? Can you share me installation document of sas enterprise miner server???
Thanks so much.
I don't think you can install SAS Enterprise Miner on a SAS VA Server installation. SAS VA is very much a "cut down" version of full SAS BI server installation so you will be missing required components.
SAS EM is usually installed on a SAS BI Server / Analytics Pro platform. If you are not sure of your SAS architecture options please get advice from SAS. It is a lot easier to get your design right before starting to install than to have to change it afterwards.
As your answer, so i do following steps:
1. Building one Linux server individually.
2. Installing pre-installation.
3. Installing Sas Intelligence Flatform(Sas BI Server, Sas Enterprise BI Server, sas data management).
4. Installing Sas EnterPrise Miner Server.
Are they suitable and correct???
Thanks so much.
Those steps look OK to me but again if you are new to SAS installing then the best advice I can give is to get some expert advice and help. I have over 30 years SAS experience and prefer to leave SAS server installs to specialists who do this all of the time. In the end it is cheaper and quicker for them to do it. I'm better employed getting the requirements, design and architecture right.
Also depending on your requirements I would not recommend installing your SAS metadata server, application server and mid-tier server on the same Linux box. This is a recipe for poor performance as you scale beyond just a few SAS users.
Can I have some questions:
1. When i setup sas enterprise miner client/server mode, Must I need to install mid-tier server???
2. If step 1 nedds, Can I install mid-tier server on machine which installed sas intelligence plateform and sas e miner server together??
Thank so much!
See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.
Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.