Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SA VA Cleaning up Log Files

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SA VA Cleaning up Log Files

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I'm trying to free some space from my SAS VA server and i have a ton of log files. Which log-files are safe to erase as part of a "spring cleaning". My system is otherwise performing well. 

I'm tempted to clean the one under D:\SAS\SASConfig\Lev1\Web\Logs\SASServer1_1

How about the ones under D:\SAS\SASConfig\Lev1\Logs\Configure 

Thanks

Jose

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-06-2018 09:09 AM

Re: SA VA Cleaning up Log Files

If it's working well, then theoretically you don't need any logs!

It's when things start NOT working well, you need to have enough log files to diagnose & fix the issue.

Provided your server's file system has regular back-ups - including the log files, which can therefore be retrieved if required - you should only need the most recent log files (couple of days, a week at the most). But this does assume you have a filesystem backup of older log files.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎02-06-2018 09:09 AM

Re: SA VA Cleaning up Log Files

If it's working well, then theoretically you don't need any logs!

It's when things start NOT working well, you need to have enough log files to diagnose & fix the issue.

Provided your server's file system has regular back-ups - including the log files, which can therefore be retrieved if required - you should only need the most recent log files (couple of days, a week at the most). But this does assume you have a filesystem backup of older log files.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation