BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jamesdean
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a report where I have displayed multiple measures on a bar chart. These are all in the millions and so the report axes displays $1,000,000, $2,000,000 etc. However it would appear much cleaner to display this as $1M, $2M etc. Is this possible within SAS Visual Analytics?

Interestingly when I selct to show the Y axes label, the values display as $1, $2 etc, however this isn't satisfactory as it doesn't show that these are millions, plus the axes label display all 5 of the measure names which is rather ugly.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
XavierBizoux
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

What you want to achieve can only be done through user-defined formats.

The following note covers the information about user-defined formats in SAS® Visual Analytics:

http://support.sas.com/kb/47/100.html

Have a good day

Xavier BIZOUX
Advisory Technical Architect ● Global Enablement and Learning
Technology Transfer and Governance, R&D
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Just be aware that the usual way of doing this with a user-defined format would be with a PICTURE statement. PICTURE formats are explicitly not supported in the current release of SAS VA. This is unfortunate as they would add a lot of flexibility to the way data can be displayed. I live in hope that they may be supported in a future release...

XavierBizoux
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,

You can use ranges in to define the format. I guess that should do the trick for your case.

Have a good day

Xavier BIZOUX
Advisory Technical Architect ● Global Enablement and Learning
Technology Transfer and Governance, R&D

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation