Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Reverse of filtering

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Reverse of filtering

Hi,

I want to link a bar chart and a pie chart.
When I select the top customer 'A' from the bar chart, the pie chart should show me the results excluding that top customer 'A'.

For example, the pie chart is showing the country wise share and when the customer 'A' is selected, What is the new country-wise share when a customer 'A' has been excluded.

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-13-2018 11:03 AM
PROC Star

Re: Reverse of filtering

Hi!

If the number of customers are to high for the list, how can you fit them in a bar chart....Smiley Happy

Anyhow, the drop down (or list) should not be placed in the report- nor the section prompt area. Instead it should be placed on the report surface together with the graphs.

By doing that no automatic filtering will occur. Instead you do this by filtering the graph objects with the parameter.

//Fredrik

View solution in original post

All Replies
PROC Star

I dont think you can do it with a bar chart.

If you use a list or drop down you can assign a parameter and then create a filter on the pie chart saying customer not equal to [parameter]

//Fredrik

Contributor

I have tried using the list but as the no. of customers are too many, it makes the dashboard very messy. 

It is not possible using a drop-down list because when selecting the customer from the drop down it has already filtered the report and now if I create a filter saying customer <> customer_parameter, it will not show any data as everything is being filtered out.

@FredrikE Can you suggest me something which can improve the aesthetics of the dashboard if I go with a list object

Solution
‎06-13-2018 11:03 AM
PROC Star

Hi!

If the number of customers are to high for the list, how can you fit them in a bar chart....Smiley Happy

Anyhow, the drop down (or list) should not be placed in the report- nor the section prompt area. Instead it should be placed on the report surface together with the graphs.

By doing that no automatic filtering will occur. Instead you do this by filtering the graph objects with the parameter.

//Fredrik

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation