BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
phuongdanh
Calcite | Level 5

Anyone can tell me how to restart Public LARS Analytic server. It showes message like this: Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 6.40.19 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ThomasPalm
Obsidian | Level 7
I once had a similar error, but it was due to the fact that I wasn't using Internet Explorer.

If you are on your companys local network, you might not have the same setup for your companys default browser versus the one you installed yourself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ThomasPalm
Obsidian | Level 7
I once had a similar error, but it was due to the fact that I wasn't using Internet Explorer.

If you are on your companys local network, you might not have the same setup for your companys default browser versus the one you installed yourself.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

generally, public lasr will be started by the user that has schedule and runs the autoload of its associated autoload library. If you have more than one library associated, the first autoload that runs (all the autoload should be scheduled under the same user).

So, to restart the Public LASR server, generally the best steps to follow would be:

- Ensure any of your autoload scheduled tasks will be triggered during the process (otherwise Public LASR will be started automatically on an uncontrolled way).

- Stop LASR.

- Start LASR

- Enable the Autoloads again, and trigger them if needed.

Also, FYI, the main reaon of your error probably it is that it tried to create the signature file while it was already created or, you tried to restart the server with a non right user, and therefore that users does not have rights on that signature file (let's not forget Public LASR runs on a Workspace server session)

Jose2
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, 

I'm having a similar problem but it is not the browser (i've tried IE and Chrome). I try to restart the server via SAS VA 7.3 administrator ( I have adminstrator permisions) and get this error message:

Please help obi wan kenobi

Error Message:

Prod server start failure note 2.JPG

Last Action Log

-------------- Task Summary --------------
SUCCESS (SASJob PreCode)
ERRORS (Store Process ID)
----------------------------------------------
ERROR: Insufficient authorization to perform operation on file
"D:\SAS\SASConfig\Lev1\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\Monitoring\PIDs\smp_cysbigdcapmdw61_10031
.pid".
ERROR: I/O failure.
----------------------------------------------

alexal
SAS Employee

@Jose2,

Just remove D:\SAS\SASConfig\Lev1\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\Monitoring\PIDs\smp_cysbigdcapmdw61_10031.pid and try again. It appears that the LASR server has not been properly stopped.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation