11-16-2017 01:19 PM
If I am interested in detailing out User Logins, either their last login, all their logins, etc. Where would I go to obtain this information and produce some type of report or view the details?
11-17-2017 03:03 AM
I think it's best if you ask SAS for the Administrator Overview report. I believe that this report answers most, if not all of your questions. Unfortunately it does not work for my company because we have 1000+ users and the Administrator Overview is way too detailed to cope with traffic like that. If someone at SAS has a solution for that, that would be helpful!
11-17-2017 05:28 AM - edited 11-17-2017 05:29 AM
interesting. Indeed, by default on VA the first and best approach is the Administration Reports. However, some additional information:
- SAS Environment Manager and the Architecture framework enables additional reports in the Report Center, see screenshot
- Also, that report is just a report. If the information it is too detailed, just copy the report and customise it to your needs. Just don't modify the default one, keep it.
- Or you can just enable the auditing on what you need:
- Finally, consider all of those reports just take the data from somewhere, right? That somewhere is the EVMDM library, which is on your EVMDM autoload location.... and this Datamart is filled in from the internal SAS database, SharedServices
http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/1076-2017.pdf thanks @ElenaMuriel from Amadeus
PS. Keep an eye on the size of the audit tables. If you get performance issues, please read:
11-17-2017 08:26 AM
Not sure. I think that they are accessible already by an administrator. See SAS folders under Products --> SAS Visual Analytics Administrator --> Reports --> Usage.
11-17-2017 09:45 AM
the reports will be found at the location @Matthijs_Hofman mentioned. However, the data collection must be enabled.
and please do not forget the steps included in the links within the last paragraph Agent-Collected Metrics
Agent-Collected MetricsNote: Agent-collected metrics do not provide information about distributed SAS LASR Analytic Servers.To feed agent-collected metrics (ACM) to the drop zone:
- Enable data collection. See Initializing and Enabling the Service Management Architecture in the SAS Environment Manager: User’s Guide.
- Enable data transfer to the EVDMLA drop zone. See Feeding Data From the Data Mart into SAS Visual Analytics in the SAS Environment Manager: User’s Guide.TipA supporting format catalog must be available. When you enable this data feed, the required format catalog is added to the
/AppData/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/AutoLoad/EVDMLA/Formatsdirectory. For some applications, the format catalog must also be added to the path of the appropriate SAS Application Server. See Supporting User-Defined Formats.
- After a sufficient interval has elapsed, verify that the expected ACM tables are loaded. For information about the source data, see ACM Tables in the SAS Environment Manager: User’s Guide. (The list of tables is subject to change in future releases of SAS Environment Manager.)