02-02-2017 09:20 AM
I am trying to distribute report through email using "Distribute Reports" option available in SAS VA designer mode. I created a report job and tried to run the distribution in both way using "Run Now" option as well as "Schedule" option. It is running and completes successful but the email is not getting delivered to the recipients and neither I (Owner) am getting the notification email regarding when the report job starts and ends. But in the show history, it shows start time, finish time, state as completed and status message as success. It is not even giving any error.
Please provide the solution or if there is anyother way to do this.
02-02-2017 09:26 AM
This SAS note has troubleshooting tips for distribution:
Some things to look for:
1. Can you successfully use the File > Email feature in SAS Visual Analytics Designer. If you cannot email successfully, then you won't be able to send the distribution emails.
2. Are the recipients internal accounts? That is, they exist only in metadata. You cannot send to an internal account even if they have a valid email address in metadata.
3. Are you trying to distribute a report that is saved in a My Folder area?
4. Check the SASVisualAnalyticsDesigner.log and the SASVisualAnalyticsHyperlink.log for information about the distribution. These logs are in SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServerx_y/.
05-29-2017 03:28 AM
We are getting a similar problem in VA 7.1, except that the report distribution process is working. Most users are receiving distributed reports (PDFs), while others in the same metadata group are not getting any report output, including me (an admin).
This seems to be related to accounts that are not being recognised, but there's no errors in the Designer log or in the HTML Link log. The job status also says completed successfully, but no e-mail ever arrives. E-mails sent from Linux with mailx, and with Base SAS on the same VA server, both work.
I will raise a track for this problem and review all hotfixes for VA 7.1.
05-29-2017 03:42 AM
- do you have VA distributed on several machines, or is it installed on a single server (non-distributed)?
- did you check that, on those metadata users that do not receive any email, there is an email definition?
In case that the users that receive email and the ones that do not receive an email, are on the same distribution list for an specific distributed report, I would try to send it one more time, note down the time, and check as well with your mail system admins what is the mail server receiving as mail receiver list, exactly.
05-29-2017 04:08 AM - edited 05-29-2017 04:09 AM
It's a non-distributed setup.
The users have valid e-mail attributes in their metadata identities. Two identities have been deleted and recreated...a retest is pending.
I'll to ask the UNIX admins to view /var/log/maillog to see if the operating system received the send mail requests. Our sister company has VA 7.3, and so I'll test report distribution to these e-mail addresses there.