BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottJP
Obsidian | Level 7

Just about had enough of this error. Every few hours - can't save as something else, normally end up losing work. Performing the fix of adding a dummy custom sort and then deleting it has only worked once for me. Combine this with the nightmares of precision mode and server scheduling that you can NEVER get rid of unless you remake your LASR table, we're close to the end of our tether..

[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="java.lang.RuntimeException : Report could not be saved. Cause: Invalid magnitude value for a length: -4.8., Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid magnitude value for a length: -4.8." faultCode="Server.Processing" faultDetail="null"] messageId="3C11650A-DC0D-76BE-9710-9B14462B66EF" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

Sorry for the rant - just so many bugs still in 7.4. Going to lose about an hour's work now.

4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

That particular error about invalid magnitude value is usually related to container size:

http://support.sas.com/kb/60/095.html

ScottJP
Obsidian | Level 7

Negative. No vertical containers in the report, for a start. 

Between saves, I only added various calculated measures, about 3 list boxes and 4 advanced filters.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

That note is maybe too specific. In precision mode, even list boxes have size and position settings. If any of those are negative, the same error would occur.

ScottJP
Obsidian | Level 7

I agree, but they were all small and in a sensible place - besides, you can't deliberately put one in a negative/off the screen position if you try. Thanks, but I'm just going to be putting it down to general eccentricities that I just have to live with, and have decided we need to come up with a more robust version control process so that we can always revert to another version without losing too much work. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation