BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tommp
Fluorite | Level 6

So I have a test table coming from a MS SQL machine. I can register it in Libraries in the SAS management console but when I try and load the table from the VA web page I get a "load failed"

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'SQLBox\useracct'. ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement. ERROR: Libref EXAMDATA is not assigned.

Have I missed something obvious?

I'm running VA 9.4...

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Was SMC connecting to your SAS VA App server when you assigned and registered the SQL Server data source? If so then I suggest you test the data source in SAS Studio or EG connected to VA to see if it works there.

RSM1
Calcite | Level 5

Was this problem ever solved?  I am experiencing the same problem.  Additionally, it seems to only be a problem on some tables from my SQL database, not all of them.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you are seeing a "Load failed" in Visual Analytics Administrator,  can you right-click and see an option for a Last Action Log? 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@RSM1  - I doubt you have the same problem. This problem is about login failure of a LIBNAME and that would affect all tables for your database, not some. Please describe your problem in more detail as suggested by @Madelyn_SAS .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation