Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Recover folders from Management Console

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Recover folders from Management Console

Hi all, 

I arrived this morning to a panicked coworker who had accidentally deleted an entire folder instead of a single report from within Management Console "Folders" view.

I believe the only way to recover this folder is to run a backup of the entire server machine, is this correct? Is there a utility for undo-ing this sort of delete? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-11-2017 12:21 PM
Trusted Advisor

Re: Recover folders from Management Console

Posted in reply to Djones4822

Hello @Djones4822,

well, it depends, do you have the SAS Deployment Backup and Recovery tool running? Is your server virtualised?

You have several options, the ones I can think of at this moment are:

1. You can always restore from a backup (or a snapshot if your machine is virtualised, it is quicker).
  2. If you have the SAS Deployment Backup and Recovery tool (in SAS Environment Manager) and you know how to restore from it, it can make the life easier to you by restoring WIP, SAS Content Server and Metadata on a single shot.

In any case, I am sure you will like to keep all the work done since your last backup, hence I would recommend you to make a good Export Package (spk file) with all your latest Metadata items, so you can restore them after the server restore.

Hope it helps

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎12-11-2017 12:21 PM
Trusted Advisor

Posted in reply to Djones4822

Hello @Djones4822,

well, it depends, do you have the SAS Deployment Backup and Recovery tool running? Is your server virtualised?

You have several options, the ones I can think of at this moment are:

1. You can always restore from a backup (or a snapshot if your machine is virtualised, it is quicker).
  2. If you have the SAS Deployment Backup and Recovery tool (in SAS Environment Manager) and you know how to restore from it, it can make the life easier to you by restoring WIP, SAS Content Server and Metadata on a single shot.

In any case, I am sure you will like to keep all the work done since your last backup, hence I would recommend you to make a good Export Package (spk file) with all your latest Metadata items, so you can restore them after the server restore.

Hope it helps

Kind regards,

Juan

Contributor

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

Hi Juan, thank you for your response.

Do you have any links to these restore processes so that I can forward them to our IT dept?

Trusted Advisor
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation