Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Programmatically start/stop SAS VA LASR server issue

New Contributor

Programmatically start/stop SAS VA LASR server issue

[ Edited ]

Hi SAS Experts,

Recently, My customer told me  its a little annoying to start /stop LASR server manually on the web broswer and asked me if there any possible to use sas code control the LASR server.

Fortunately, I found the article about this topic ( link: http://www.sas.com/offices/europe/uk/support/sas-hints-tips/lasr-server-va.html)

and it worked!

There is a thing confused me . When I run the SAS code  which mentioned in the article and using BASE SAS 9.4 on the Server which installed VA  and it worked successfully.

But when I run the same SAS code on my pc(client) . It didn't work. 

This is the code I run on my pc (client) using BASE SAS 9.4:

libname VALIBLA SASIOLA 
     startserver host="myserver" port=10010
  signer="myserver:80/SASLASRAuthorization";

There is the error message:

未命名.png

I also tried to run the same code on my SAS EG  (client), It worked.

Is there any code  i have to add to login   (like EG connect to VA SERVER login setting?) ? If yes, what code/option shoud I add?

Any idea will be  appreticated.

Many Thanks,

Roy

Super User

Re: Programmatically start/stop SAS VA LASR server issue

Have you already looked at http://support.sas.com/kb/56/189.html?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User

And I guess you need to make sure that your local SAS session is connected to the same Metadata Server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Trusted Advisor

Hi @ROY30426,

I think the SAS Note provided by @KurtBremser is wrthy to check if it is fine. Unless just to ensure that those fields are as expected.

Besides, what I see is that your code works if it runs locally on the server (run on the server or with EG), but not if you run it on a different physical location of sas.exe (as your SAS Base on your PC).

Therefore, I would propose you one of the following options:

1. Create a vbs script with SAS EG, which can be triggered from the PCs (controllers).
  2. Create a shared folders on the server, visible from a limited list of PCs (controllers0, and a script on the servers to run every 5 min to check if an specific file is dropped on that shared folder. If found, it triggers the Start/Stop of the LASR.
Super User

To me, this sounds like a centrally managed work. So from other purposes than just curiosity, I think you should be content with a server based routine.
Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation