BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dd07
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All ,

I am looking for proc Summary kind of feature in SAS VA.

I can create report in Cross table however i require the data should be in proc summary classified by category variable.

So Please suggest can i use cross table as datasource or use proc summary type featire to architecture.

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Do you need a report with all corresponding _type_?
Doesn't sound like an end user report so I would sugest that you use - proc summary for this.
If you want it published anyway in VA use a stored process.
Data never sleeps
Dd07
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for responding.

My data is listed in below format.
History Geography Science
Marks 50 60 70

However I want my datasource should be in below format

Subject Marks
History 50
Geography 60
Science 70
Because I want to plot waterfall chart using the desired data format I believe we can not assign multiple category variavle in waterfall chart.

Please do suggest
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Oh, you want to transpose your data. And transposing to long is a good thing - VA and many other reporting tools works best with normalized data.
I don't think that there's any easy/good way to this in VA so i sugest that you take care if this in Base SAS prior to loading to LASR.
Data never sleeps
Dd07
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks a lot..
Sorry for mess ..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation