BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KiaU
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

As an easy example to present my problem I have the following very ordinary table showing monthly volumes per year. I would like VA to automatically do the Year to date calculation for me, so that I would not have to manually update the report each month. But when i choose "create and add" and choose "Year to date using date", I see that 2015 looks ok, we have data until february and the total is thus january+february as is shown in the table below. But I see that in 2014, also a part of March is counted into the total. And this means that 2013 and 2014 havemore than Ferbruary in the Year to date total. Which means it is not comparable with 2015. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? To clarify, we get new monthly data in the beginning of each month. So we get the whole month of March in the beginning of April.

Capture2.PNG

All answers are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kia

3 REPLIES 3
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Kia,

By default YTD will calculate "ToDate".

Right click on the Agg. Measure Volume tonne (YTD) then select edit agg measure. After that change the scope of the period "todate" to "Full".

Thanks,

Teja surapaneni.

KiaU
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the reply. I tried this solution. But when changing the scope to "Full", the years 2013 and 2014 became full years, but my intention was to get 2013-2014 to be the exact same period as 2015 to be able to compare the YTD 2015 with 2013-2014.

I also tried to change the scope to "To date" and chose February. This gives me the right numbers, but I guess in this case I need to go in each month and change the date manually?

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Kia,

By default YTD shows Till date (Feb), when u change the scop "To date" to "Full" it will shows full year, u dont have any another option to do that you need.

In my End "To date " is works for You.
Regards,
Teja Surapaneni

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation