BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ZoeZoe
Calcite | Level 5

In SAS visual analytics, removing the date column  causes the aggregate measures return to missing. Is it possible to avoid this? if yes how?

8 REPLIES 8
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If your aggregated measures use periodic operators like CumulativePeriod(), the date column that they are based on must be included in your report objects. I don't think there's any workaround to this.

In other words, it is expected for the aggregated measures to return missing when the required dates are not present.

Sam

ZoeZoe
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your answer. Is it possible to aggregate the data and put it in a new column in the existing table by using Data Step (in the prepare data)? 

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
I believe that it would be possible, yes. When you pre-aggregate the data in your preparation stage, the values might not reflect the effects of report filters. So be aware of that limitation.
ZoeZoe
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot :). Do you have any idea what codes should I use?

should I look at the "group" function?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
I don't have a lot of expertise on the data preparation stage. To help other users help you, please show or describe the aggregated expressions that you need to replace.

Thanks,
Sam
ZoeZoe
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks a lot for help.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

PROC SUMMARY or PROC SQL using the SUM function with GROUP BY are two common ways to aggregate data.

ZoeZoe
Calcite | Level 5
Does it aggregate and add them to an existing table?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation