BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JoeRotford
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All, I have a Stored Process that I am using in SAS Visual Analytics. Everything is working fine. I have a prompt with a dynamic list. When I select the Section in the Report that has the Stored Process, it automatically runs the Stored Process with the value that was chosen fron the last save of the Stored Process. I understand this is how it is supposed to work but are there any work arounds that will make it not automatically load or is there a way to display a blank HTML page then the user can select the prompt?

Here is the code I am using.

Libname Serv '/shares/groups/Lean Six Sigma Analytics Reporting/Service Event Reports';
/* Example 5: Create a CSV file for downloading using */
/* %STPBEGIN and %STPEND */
*ProcessBody;
data _null_; 
rc = stpsrv_header('Content-type','application/vnd.ms-excel'); 
rc = stpsrv_header('Content-disposition','attachment; filename=temp.csv'); 
run;
%let _odsdest=csv;
%stpbegin;
Proc Print Data=Serv.Ztable label noobs; 
Where MII_DESCRIPTION="&MII_Description."; 
Var _ALL_; 
run;
%stpend;

Ver:9.04.01M3P062415

Server version

Lin x64

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @JoeRotford,

I don;t develope code or reports since years, so probably others gan give you better solutions, but I would propose you for now, to create one stored process that will generate the empty results you are looking for, and then a button or link to call this stroed process.

JoeRotford
Obsidian | Level 7

@JuanS_OCS wrote:

Hello @JoeRotford,

I don;t develope code or reports since years, so probably others gan give you better solutions, but I would propose you for now, to create one stored process that will generate the empty results you are looking for, and then a button or link to call this stroed process.

That is what I was kind of thinking. I found this sample but I am not sure if I need a new button or how to just display text.

http://support.sas.com/kb/37/050.html

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

You found a great example! I would say: just play with it for a bit, I think it will give you all the tools you need.

Quentin
Super User

I haven't called stord processes from VA, but I'm surprised at the problem you describe.

Are you saying that the first time a user calls the stored process, they will see the prompt, make their selection, and hit run.  And everything works like you want.  But then after that when the user opens the report they never see the prompt again?

Or is it that VA by default runs the stored process when the report is opened (with the previously saved values), and still shows the prompt somewhere on the side, so a user could change the values?

It's got to be VA that is remembering the prompt values and passing them when the report is opened.  Can you see the URL that VA is using to call the stored process?  I agree with your question, would be nice to have a way to turn off this feature.  Yes, you could change your stored process design so that instead of returning a result it returned an HTML form where the user would enter their prompt values.  But ugh, that seems like a good bit of work that should not be necessary.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
JoeRotford
Obsidian | Level 7

@Quentin wrote:

I haven't called stord processes from VA, but I'm surprised at the problem you describe.

Are you saying that the first time a user calls the stored process, they will see the prompt, make their selection, and hit run.  And everything works like you want.  But then after that when the user opens the report they never see the prompt again?

Or is it that VA by default runs the stored process when the report is opened (with the previously saved values), and still shows the prompt somewhere on the side, so a user could change the values?

It's got to be VA that is remembering the prompt values and passing them when the report is opened.  Can you see the URL that VA is using to call the stored process?  I agree with your question, would be nice to have a way to turn off this feature.  Yes, you could change your stored process design so that instead of returning a result it returned an HTML form where the user would enter their prompt values.  But ugh, that seems like a good bit of work that should not be necessary.

By default when you load the Report and navigate to the Section that has the Stored process, it automatically starts running. You can still access the prompts. I need a way for it to not run until the user selects the prompt. It uses the value of the last version of the Stored Process that was saved.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation