BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thees
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know where SAS Visual Analytics physically stores its report files on a Linux machine?

I suppose there is some kind of folder where the metadata for each report is stored but I can not find that.

I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

Thees Gieselmann

4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

There are several locations for content.

1 the sas metadatabase

2 the webdav contentserver

3 physical os locations Linux

A lot is placed with the 1 and 2 approach. It is making the trace flow of information more difficult.

For the webdav content part there are utilities.

When it is just left in memory it vanish with a restart.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
thees
Calcite | Level 5

I am talking about the physical storage on a hdd, where VA stores the report files. So Nr. 3: Physical os locations.

I am not searching for the data itself, but the report files, which store information on how a report is built and what formats are assigned to data fields, hierarchys etc. etc.

As far as I remember these are called 3G Reports right? Do they have a specific file ending, like ".3g" or something?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The es , I understood your question. If you would be familiar with the sas architecture you would have understood my answer. SAS VA is build around the sas metadata server.

The location  of that is part of the configuration phase. At that moment the physical location of 1 is setup. Unix Filesystem.

The webdav contentserver must have a major role as SAS - VA is Web based. That is 3. At the same moment of the configuration also this location is physical defined as part of the lev- définition. At the same place you will find naming for data and software being placed ordered by an appserver.

Most of what you are asking is metadata definition. I expect metadata being registered in a' metadatabase not in special files as was common in the early old days.

As you could run your own code you could define own physical locations. SAS is not really architecture with os levels in mind.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
DavidHenderson
SAS Employee

, Jaap is correct-- A report is never just stored in a directory on disk.  The "file" is stored in the SAS Content Server.  How that information is stored in SAS Content Server has changed over time.  Initially the content server used a DAV to store the files, but now that content is in a database.  Additional information about the report is stored in the metadata server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation