Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

PROC IMSTAT Statement with no dups

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

PROC IMSTAT Statement with no dups

Hello All,

I am still very new to SAS VA, but am working with the append feature and see in the code tab that the working command is PROC IMSTAT. I did some research on the command and do not see a no dups feature. I when working and learning how the process works accidently ran the append feature on the same file set with what I thought was a new weeks’ worth of data twice. Questions: 1 Is there a way to stop that from happening in the first place? (Check box, custom code option, etc.) 2 If not is there an easy fix without reloading the base file and all its appended sub sets?  Sorry if this is an old solved question, I did not see an answer when searching for "PROC IMSTAT and duplicates" -KJ
PS I did see a delete reference in a communities post however I am hoping for a clean no dups option on the load side.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-19-2018 05:40 PM
Super User

Re: PROC IMSTAT Statement with no dups

Posted in reply to kjohnsonm

We also run non-distributed on Windows and the > 20m row table loads to LASR in less than 4 minutes. I'm quite happy to do full table loads with that level of performance. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

How many rows does your LASR table have? I find it easier to construct and maintain tables to be loaded into LASR in a normal SAS data library - let's call it the LASR load library. That means if anything goes wrong with the data I fix it first in the LASR load library then I do complete table loads into LASR from there. Our biggest table is > 20m rows but it still loads in just a few minutes.

And I think you are correct. There is no feature for preventing duplicate rows in PROC IMSTAT.

Frequent Contributor

Hi SASKiwi,

4.5mil, growing at 1.1mill a year at this time but we are on a single server not a distrubuted ...  Thanks for the pointers, I will look into the data library as you referance. I was able to do some apending Friday afternoon late, it does seem farly fast.  The Data load however seems quite slow by comparison. Maybe the libary is the fix I need. 8)  Thank you again for your post.

Solution
‎03-19-2018 05:40 PM
Super User

We also run non-distributed on Windows and the > 20m row table loads to LASR in less than 4 minutes. I'm quite happy to do full table loads with that level of performance. 

Frequent Contributor

SASKiwi,

I am IT support in a Higher Education setting, I just found a high detail table 'Student_test_comp' that I had not reviewed to date. It has to do with Test scores for students, for four years of data it has 23.8Million rows.  Wow, I had no idea that it was growing that fast. ...5X my base data set. I have been working on making surrogate keys for the tables to make a star schema, my source data warehouse uses natural keys.

SASKiwi,

Thanks for the info.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation