BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MVR
Calcite | Level 5 MVR
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm quite new with SAS VA, and right now I'm experiencing trouble making a search box with my numeric value. What I want to do is assign a parameter, so if I enter a certain value in the search box it will return that value in both my Geomap and List-table. Is it even possible?

I have my IncidentID variable which is a measure, and I want to assign that to the search box, so the Geomap only returns that certain bubble with the same IncidentID and the List-table does the same. After having looked through both the guide and these forums I haven't really found any explanations for it.

2018-07-18 12_07_33-Respons_Servicetider – Google Chrome.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I took the following steps. In my example, the numeric column is Age.

1. Duplicate the Age column and make the duplicate a category (Age Category).
  2. Right-click the Age column and create an Age Parameter.
  3. On the Text Input Control, add the Age Category in the Category role, and add the Age Parameter in the Parameter role.
  4. On the list table, create a filter like this:

Age = Age Parameter

You should be able to leave the Text Input Control blank--without errors-- and see all rows. If a value is entered, the table should be filtered by that value.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Did you create a filter for your geo map and list table so that IncidentID = IncidentID Parameter? Also, you must press Enter after entering a value in the Text Input Control.

MVR
Calcite | Level 5 MVR
Calcite | Level 5

I did not, but I think I found a way around it, but it still gives me some kind of error. As I said I'm not that experienced in SAS VA, and I tried to create a parameter like this:

IF ( IncidentId parameter <> IncidentId_geo )
RETURN IncidentId parameter Missing
ELSE ( IncidentId_geo = IncidentId parameter )

Is this the right way? I get the results I want, but I get a warning as well that says The server did not understand the programs request for data.

MVR
Calcite | Level 5 MVR
Calcite | Level 5

Furthermore, I still get an error when I leave my search box blank, and it says: The value has to be a number between 0 and 6833515 (my highest value). What I want when I leave the search box blank is to display all results. So i need the parameter to work as a filter somehow.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I took the following steps. In my example, the numeric column is Age.

1. Duplicate the Age column and make the duplicate a category (Age Category).
  2. Right-click the Age column and create an Age Parameter.
  3. On the Text Input Control, add the Age Category in the Category role, and add the Age Parameter in the Parameter role.
  4. On the list table, create a filter like this:

Age = Age Parameter

You should be able to leave the Text Input Control blank--without errors-- and see all rows. If a value is entered, the table should be filtered by that value.

MVR
Calcite | Level 5 MVR
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much! It works flawlessly now 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation