Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

New Calculated value to combine results

Occasional Contributor

New Calculated value to combine results

I have a Category named "Gender" with two values: "M - Male" and "F - Female".  I have this Category in a List object. The List object on the current page is Linked to an Info Window. On the Info Window I want to have a Button that shows what was selected on the previous page, as follows (three optoins):

1) "M-Male"

2) "F-Female"

3) "Both"

I created a New Calcuated Item, and attempted to use the following:

if 'Gender'n = 'M - Male' and 'Gender'n = 'F - Female'

return 'Both Selected'

else 'Gender'n

However the 'logic' of the if clause is never true, so I always get 'Gender'n value returned.

Anyone have a way around this? The 'Gender'n field is retaing both the male and female values, but I don't know how to get the logic to work in the If clause.

On version 7.3 Hotfix 04

Thanks. 

Contributor

Re: New Calculated value to combine results

I don't know if you are familiar with parameters but you need to create a parameter in order to do that and olace it to button under roles.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0qvah37e3ft42n1cbdyy...

Occasional Contributor

A list box does not allow for parameters.
Contributor

The parameter should be on the button not the list box in the info window

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got it. So I did that, but I still have no way to assign "Both" as an option. I don't want it to display male and female, when neither box is selected in the list box ( or both boxes are selected in the list box) I want the button to display "Both Selected".

Contributor

Let me work on that and let you know. I think I found a solution by using custom category. I will get back to you

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation