Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Mouse wheel graph interaction

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Mouse wheel graph interaction

Greetings everyone,

I posted this question previously and have not had any response or success in solving the issue. Here is my problem;

I have a report that has multiple graphs, both bar, and line. When a user navigates to the report and uses their mouse wheel to scroll down the report and ends up hovering over a graph while scrolling, the graph expands greatly with no way to "easily" return to the original display. Actually, I have never been able to return to the original display once this occurs without reloading the report. I am certain others have encountered this and it has become a significant issue and was the only factor in a less than stellar rollout of the project.

Is there any way to prevent the mouse wheel from causing changes to axises on the graph when using a desktop? In other words, prevent the ability to "zoom in"? Can the graph be made "static"? Viewing through the mobile app doesn't seem to be as susceptible to scrolling since it seems you need to use two fingers in order to zoom in.

Thanks,

Gary

My previous post was here;

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Disable-mouse-wheel-for-graphs-charts-in-VA-7-4/...

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-09-2018 08:15 AM
Super User

Re: Mouse wheel graph interaction

I've noticed that feature with VA 7.4. AS far as I'm aware there isn't a way to disable it. We don't find it troublesome though as we design all our VA reports to fit on one screen, so they don't need to be scrolled. Hence there is no need to use the mouse wheel.

If there is too much to fit on one screen then we use the button bar technique to swap between different versions of report objects, or move objects to a new tab.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

This behavior is likely more the settings for specific mouse drivers and possibly the application viewing the report.

You may get a response if you mention the specific mouse and driver used as well as operating system involved.

Solution
‎02-09-2018 08:15 AM
Super User

I've noticed that feature with VA 7.4. AS far as I'm aware there isn't a way to disable it. We don't find it troublesome though as we design all our VA reports to fit on one screen, so they don't need to be scrolled. Hence there is no need to use the mouse wheel.

If there is too much to fit on one screen then we use the button bar technique to swap between different versions of report objects, or move objects to a new tab.

SAS Super FREQ

Also, you can double-click the graph to toggle to the previous zoom state.

Contributor

A work ticket has been created for this issue at SAS. Hopefully, it won't take too long for resolution. I am already getting questions about possibly going in a different direction and using a different reporting software tool.

4/11/2018

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation