Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Monitoring LASR Memory

Occasional Contributor

Monitoring LASR Memory

Hi I am trying to turn-on the "Used LASR Memory" graph in the upper right of the SAS VA. How do I do that?Capture.JPG

Thank you.

Trusted Advisor

Re: Monitoring LASR Memory

The memory gauge is available in SAS Visual Analytics administrator in the main menu bar if you are using a distributed VA configuration. See http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaag/69958/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p12krtemxr8tfmn1ksebw...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to MichelleHomes

Hi Michelle,

Thank you your reply. Yes we are using a distributed configuration. However the memory gauge has disappeared suddenly by itself and we would like to turn it back on. How do we place it back on the main menu bar?

Thank you.

Regards

Cathy

Trusted Advisor

Hi Cathy,

For the gauge to suddenly disappear is certainly strange. Are you able to see the memory resource utilization from the LASR -> Monitor Resources menu option?

The link to the documentation I provided above states "The gauge provides information for only the distributed server that is referenced in the service.properties file in the SAS configuration directory (at /Applications/SASVisualAnalytics/HighPerformanceConfiguration)." Has there been a change to the configuration of the distributed server?

Anything in the log files to indicate a failure to render the gauge?

Might be worthwhile raising it with SAS tech support too. Please post back the outcome.

Cheers,

Michelle

SAS Super FREQ

@c4th1,

Make sure that /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Applications/SASVisualAnalytics/HighPerformanceConfiguration/LASRMonitor.sh is up and running.

Occasional Contributor

@alexal

Have start up the LASR Monitor. However now we receive this error message - "An error occurred when the Resource Monitor tried to contact the SAS LASR Analytic Server Monitor. Please contact your system administrator".

Have I missed a step in between start/stop the server previously?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation