Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Map data Source

Occasional Contributor

Map data Source

Hi,

I am using SAS VA version 7.1.  I need to use the Map data Source but I can't find a button or a drop menu to direct me there.  Do you know how to open the Map Data Source session?

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Map data Source

Can you provide more details about what you are trying to do? Are you talking about creating geo maps? Or something else?

Occasional Contributor

Actually I am trying to use the same drop down menu control object for all my sections.  Some of the sources don't have the specific variable for the filter but all sources have a common key variable.

SAS Super FREQ

The report designer is not my area of expertise, but here is the documentation page about mapping data sources:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68027/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1bki2z2jxzsoen15hug...

Does that help?

Thanks,
Sam

Contributor

I guess, you are putting the common filter on the report level hence its getting applied for all the sections.

Just rename the common column in all the data sources to 1 values and it will get mapped automatically.

- Amol

Contributor

Hi ,

Could you please provide some screen shot, which can make us to understand more clearly what specifically you are trying to achieve.

Thanks

Abhishek

Regular Contributor

Hello,

Try to delete/remove a data item from one dropdownlist and add it back. Then the Map Data Source will appear.

It's maybe not the best solution, but it worked for me. Until now i did not find any other way.

Filip

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation