BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LukeL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all.

In our enviroments we have two separated server, one for portal and backend BI operations, and one for VA (with its own metadata server and full stack). The two server access to a parallel shared file system.

In the VA machine we have no scheduler or DI, so what we would like to do is to use the first server, that has not the SASIOLA engine installed, to load the table that the VA server see as "data" into the lasr. Is it possiible? I was thinking of using something like the rsubmit, to use on a user input code in a DI job, but have not been able to do it for now.

Thanks 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @LukeL,

yours is an excellent question. Here my ideas for you:

Does it help?

Kind regards,

Juan

alexal
SAS Employee

@LukeL,

Beginning with the third maintenance release for SAS® 9.4, SAS® Integration Technologies includes the SAS LASR Analytic Server Access Tools. The SAS LASR Analytic Server Access Tools include two engines: the SASIOLA engine and the SASHDAT engine. These engines make it possible to copy data from an environment without a SAS LASR Analytic Server to a remote SAS LASR Analytic Server or Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/996.html

LukeL
Obsidian | Level 7
Unfortunately...we are still in 9.4 M1 😞
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS/CONNECT is a great solution for this scenario, but it needs to be installed on both your BI and VA servers. We use this method ourselves.

LukeL
Obsidian | Level 7
Am I asking too much if I ask you for a code example? 😶
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What code do you need? The steps are:

• SIGNON to VA server from BI Server
  • RSUBMIT load code to VA server
  • ENDRSUBMIT to close load step
  • SIGNOFF to close VA session

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation