Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Label instead of variable name in SAS VA 7.3 List Table

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor BLE
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Label instead of variable name in SAS VA 7.3 List Table

Is it possible to display a Label instead of a variable name in a SAS VA 7.3 List Table?

I know how to do this in base sas but need to do it in a SAS VA 7.3 report, in Report Designer.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-01-2016 10:23 AM
Contributor BLE
Contributor

Re: Label instead of variable name in SAS VA 7.3 List Table

I wanted to avoid renaming the measures because I had calculated items, custom categories, display rules, and a parameter based button bar that were built with the original measure names. 

I found that renaming was not as much of a hassle as I had feared. 

I had to redo the custom categories and calculated items, but the display rules, which were the heaviest lift in my report, automatically reset and used the new names, so that was a relief. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Contributor

Unfortunately no labels exist in SAS VA. You could duplicate the variable in SAS VA and change the name.

Solution
‎08-01-2016 10:23 AM
Contributor BLE
Contributor

I wanted to avoid renaming the measures because I had calculated items, custom categories, display rules, and a parameter based button bar that were built with the original measure names. 

I found that renaming was not as much of a hassle as I had feared. 

I had to redo the custom categories and calculated items, but the display rules, which were the heaviest lift in my report, automatically reset and used the new names, so that was a relief. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation