BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SomanDavuluri
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi ALL

Iam Trying to join two tables A and B using inner join , iam able to see the preview of the data  but when iam trying to RUN the query after seeing the preview .... the query is just showing as Running ... Running...Running for hours but the query is not getting into active mode .

i have restarted the VA portal and did all the formal excerises .. but stiil the problem continues.

Can anyone guide me on what would the problem be?

regards

Soman

1 REPLY 1
Karthikk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Somon,

This might happen for two reasons 

1. If the data in both the tables are not properly arranged or sorted.

2. If the values of the data are not same to join fo eg. Table A consists of 'Fire' and Table B consists of ' FIRE'. So try checking the values of the data. 

I answered guessing that the preview what you are seeing is not afterjoining rather it is before join

Let me know if my answer served your purpose.

Regards,

Karthik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation