BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Janet5
Fluorite | Level 6

Does anyone know how to join tables in SAS VA 7.5?  I see that you can do this in SAS VA 8.5.  I have 2 separate data tables that I want to join.  Unfortunately, I tried this in SAS EG and it keeps saying the file is too big.  I have made smaller tables and uploaded them to SAS VA and I am hoping I can join them in there.  Thanks!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Janet5 - The errors you are getting suggest you are running out of SAS WORK disk space. If your EG uses a remote SAS server then you will need to talk to your SAS administrator about this. Also we need to see the source code of your query, not just the errors. If you aren't seeing the source code in your SAS log, run this statement first: options source;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS VA isn't any different to 'normal' SAS when it comes to joining data. Please post your complete EG SAS log for the join you are trying.

Janet5
Fluorite | Level 6
I am getting this error in SAS EG:
ERROR: Insufficient space in file WORK.QUERY_FOR_QUERY_FINAL_SERVICE_AR.DATA.
ERROR: File WORK.QUERY_FOR_QUERY_FINAL_SERVICE_AR.DATA is damaged. I/O processing did not complete.

If I break it into smaller queries in SAS EG it does it works. So with the smaller tables I wanted to join them in VA. Also, I have compressed it in SAS EG and it errors out.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Janet5 - The errors you are getting suggest you are running out of SAS WORK disk space. If your EG uses a remote SAS server then you will need to talk to your SAS administrator about this. Also we need to see the source code of your query, not just the errors. If you aren't seeing the source code in your SAS log, run this statement first: options source;

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation