Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Is it possible to upload automatically update the data in the lasr and update the graph

Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to upload automatically update the data in the lasr and update the graph

Hi

Let's say I have this scenario where I have created a dashboard in VA using the data source from excel (say: product sales for period 1). Is it possible to create a way where the system can automatically update the spreadsheet data in the lasr and update the va dashboard each week when I receive the new report?

Thank you.

Super User

Re: Is it possible to upload automatically update the data in the lasr and update the graph

Yes. The best way in my opinion is to schedule a SAS batch job, which you can do in Management Console, which reads the excel file at the appropriate time then updates the LASR table. I'd also recommend using a SAS data library on disk to stage the data prior to loading into LASR, and if the table isn't large do any updates in the staging library first and then do a complete table replace in LASR. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation