BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nhi996
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey!

I started using visual analytics today and can't really get going. I imported a data set called "multiple_sclerosis_data.csv"
which is now in the subfolder LASR, which is in Shared Data. I called the table "multiple_sclerosis" and wanted to test if the import was successful. So I tried a proc means command and got the following error:

File WORK:MULTIPLE_SCLEROSIS.DATA does not exist.

Did I do anything wrong or did I forget anything?

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The default LIBREF for the public LASR library is LASRLIB. If this hasn't been changed since VA was installed it may work for you. You do need to be using the VA Application Server, via SAS Studio or Enterprise Guide for it to work, and the LASR server needs to be running with your dataset loaded into memory.

data want;
  set lasrlib.multiple_sclerosis;
run;

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

What does your libname point to where that dataset is located.  You need to give the library and the dataset otherwise SAS will think to use WORK.  E.g.:

libname myloc "...";

proc import... out=myloc.multiple_sclerosis...;

data want;
  set myloc.multiple_sclerosis;
run;
nhi996
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey thanks for the reply.

I normally use SAS 9.3 and for whatever reason I don't even know how to assign a library in Visual Analytics.
This is where my dataset is located:
lib.png

I don't really know which path I have to use, to set a library.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you have imported the table to the SAS LASR Analytic Server, why not use one of the Visual  Analytics components to view the table? Visual Analytics Designer or Visual Analytics Explorer?

nhi996
Fluorite | Level 6
Yeah that's possible. But I'm still getting the same error, when I want to analyse my data
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The default LIBREF for the public LASR library is LASRLIB. If this hasn't been changed since VA was installed it may work for you. You do need to be using the VA Application Server, via SAS Studio or Enterprise Guide for it to work, and the LASR server needs to be running with your dataset loaded into memory.

data want;
  set lasrlib.multiple_sclerosis;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation