Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Implementing User-Defined Formats

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Implementing User-Defined Formats

Hi all,

I have been struggling to find out much information on making user defined formats available to use in VA. So far all I have found which appears to be relevant are these links:

40103 - Frequently asked questions about making user-defined formats available in a SAS® Business In...

47100 - Support for user-defined formats in SAS® Visual Analytics Explorer, SAS® Visual Analytics De...

The VA user guide and the  SAS Intelligence Platform: Data Administration Guide both seem to be not very helpful; after having my formats.sas7bcat file placed in the suggested SAS-config-dir/Lev1/SASApp/SASEnvironment/SASFormats I have not been able to find any documentation telling me how to use them, neither does it seem straightforward. I don't think it can be done through VA, and I have access to but am not familiar with the SAS Management Console.

If anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Steven

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-19-2014 07:24 AM
New Contributor

Re: Implementing User-Defined Formats

Problem has been solved, it was due to the format being created in 32bit and the server running 64 bit.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-19-2014 07:24 AM
New Contributor

Problem has been solved, it was due to the format being created in 32bit and the server running 64 bit.

Contributor

Hi @StevenG,

How you've converted the made it work in the 64-bit environment. Can you please share the steps.

I'm running SAS VA on 64-bit operating system and have create the formats.sas7dcat file at the specified directory but unable find proper links on how to use it.

Regards,

Balraj P

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation