BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yhuang
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to use what EG generated dataset and apply it to VA for reporting purpose. In my situation, I would like use EG as data management tool to build lots of queries and filters to generate a dataset that ready to report, and the next step would be use this perfectly organized data to report on VA (Since VA has so many cool reporting tools).

Some other info, the EG and VA are installed in two different servers, my initial idea would be, using task scheduler in EG to generate new data every day, the BIG problem is, how do I link those data I created to VA? and I would want automate this process to make sure the report I builid in VA are reflecting the most recent data.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

you can load any SAS table (which cames from EG or not) into SAS VA on different ways:

- use the Auto Load functionality: really easy, just drop the table in a shared location and after some time it will be automatically loaded into VA. Really nice.

- If you drop the table on any location reachable by SAS VA, you can load the table through the query builder, which can be automated through scheduling.

- You can also load the table manually through the interface, if you have the correct authorizations.

You can see additional information and details on: http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2014/05/07/sas-visual-analytics-loading-data-into-memory/

Additionally, since EG 7.1, there are new functionalities to manually load a SAS table into SAS VA. Please read this wonderful post: http://bi-notes.com/2015/10/oh-snap-upload-data-to-the-lasr-server-just-like-that/

jb9977
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Yhuang,

Were you able to resolve the issue? Currently I am in the same situation as you were.

Thanks

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

We find the simplest way is to use the tip in the last link posted by JuanS. Right click on the data source and select upload to LASR. This becomes part of your process flow and bypasses any additional work or steps if you have already done all the work in EG.

You can then just schedule the process flow (ideally do this on your server so its not dependent on a specific PC) and it will refresh when needed

Having it in the process flow gives you a nice visual so you can see whats happening and when, like this

Capture.GIF

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation