Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

How to test a Character List Parameter in Visual Analytics

New Contributor

How to test a Character List Parameter in Visual Analytics

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

I'm using a List Object in a Prompt Section and I have associated a Character List Parameter in that List Object.

So imagine that my list contains Department 1, Department 2, Department 3, and Department N. If I select just the first two departments my parameter value is "Department 1, Department2".

What I want to do now is to create a Calculated Item where I test whether this parameter has selected values or not. I know that this is possible when I'm using single Character Parameters in combination with dropdown lists. But when I try to use a Character List Parameter in the Calculated Item Expression I get an error saying that he is not expecting a Character List Data Type.

NOTE: I'm Using Sas Visual Analytincs 7.4 release

Does anyone know of a solution or a work-around for this?

Thank you in advance!

SAS Super FREQ

Re: How to test a Character List Parameter in Visual Analytics

The documentation says this about using multi-value parameters in filters and calculated expressions:

"Parameters with multiple values can be used with the In, NotIn, and IsSeT operators in filters and calculated expressions"

New Contributor

Re: How to test a Character List Parameter in Visual Analytics

Posted in reply to Madelyn_SAS

Hello Madelyn,

I can only find that in the documentation for the 8.2 release. But I'm still using SAS Visual Analytics 7.4, so I don't have the IsSet operator available. For this specific case I think the In and NotIn operators won't do it but at least I know I can use them in the future.

Thank you very much Smiley Happy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation