BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndiWindisch
Calcite | Level 5

Hey,

we are very new to SAS Visual Analytics and have just upgraded our environment to 6.3 .

I've tried to load another 'Stop List' for the Text Analysis Feature, which is came with 6.3.

But i have no sucess.

First i created the Dataset for the 'Stop List', with german stop words named GERSTOP and only one variable 'TERM'. I load it to the LASR Server, into the same folder and library where the data for the text analysis is.

That's how i understood the manuel (SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.3: User's Guide), but i won't work. I always get a information on the Word Cloud that no 'Stop List' ist defined.

Does anyone knows what is wrong in this setup? Other features of 6.3 will work.

Thanks a lot for you help!

Andreas

1 REPLY 1
Nascif_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Andreas,

You need also to load your new stop list in the Visual Analytics Data Builder by clicking Tools\Load Text Analytics Stop List: then accept the defaults when they come up.

Note however that currently VA Text Analytics supports only the English language. Changing the stop list won't help with that because there are language-specific features of the text analysis (identifying entities, dealing with declination, etc) that are not affected by that change.

Regards,

Nascif

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation