BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

I am having difficulty loading an AES encrypted dataset created from enterprise guide into SAS visual analytics. Can someone help me

7 REPLIES 7
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

The topic of AES encryption on third party files has been covered several times:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=aes

To my mind this is part of the transfer process, and the file should be un-encrypted as part of your import process, either by IT, through the recieving application, or by you using a tool for the job.  It is not a SAS implementation.  If you really need to do it in SAS then you would call a command line application to un-encrypt the data something like:

x "c:\aesdecrpt c:\your_file.txt c:\outputfile.txt";

And then import the un-encypted file.

naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

hi rw9,

This is not my requirement. I have created a dataset through encrypt option present within sas enterprise guide. Now i need to load this dataset into sas visual analytics. We are not using an external file. this is a sas dataset that we created manually

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Which raises the question, why are you creating an encrypted file if it is not going outside your control, seems to just add a layer of complexity with no benefit?

naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

this was a requirement of my project. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Have you tried code like this (from http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/inmsref/67597/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1qf09ffb3hr02n1bt...😞

libname server1 startserver port=10010 tag='hps';

data server1.prdsale;
    set sashelp.prdsale;
run;

If a dataset is encrypted, you would need to supply the password as a dataset option:

libname server1 startserver port=10010 tag='hps';

data server1.xxxxx;
    set inlib.xxxxx (read=password);
run;
naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

HI 

My enterprise guide and visual analytics are on differant servers. So how can we write a datastep in sas visual analytics process. Sorry if this is not a valid question. i am new to visual analytics.

Regards,

Naveen

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

naveenraj wrote:

i am new to visual analytics.

Which means you know more than me, because I don't have VA at all. I just want to point you in the right direction of the documentation.

If you can't extract the real SAS code for loading a SAS dataset from the interactive tools (so you can insert the encypted dataset name and the datastep option there), you're better off by creating an unencrypted copy of the dataset in EG and then use the VA tools to load that.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation