BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RonaldHof
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

In my list table object I display some category variables and one aggregated measure. I want to filter the results on the value of the aggregated measure. So not on the underlying individual values of the records.

Unfortunately in the filter-tab I cannot select the aggregated measure to construct a filter on and when I try to make a filter on the source variable of the aggregated measure I don’t get the desired result.

SAS list table aggregated measure filter2.png

In the example I only want to see the observations where the aggregated value (Zakelijke kilometers laatste 12 maand) is greater than 15000. The first record. As you can see it is possible to construct a display-rule on the aggregated value. I use SAS/VA 7.3.

Gr. Ronald Hof

4 REPLIES 4
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

I am using VA 7.4 but i hope you can do the same in 7.3 🙂

A litte work around:

I use VA_SAMPLE_ACNE_BANK in my example and add a list table with business_unit and capital_allocated (sum).

image.png

I then add a filter with capital_allocated:

image.png

I then click the down arrow to the upper right and edit the filter and add the expression capital_allocated less than 5000000000 and click ok:

image.png

The filter now looks like:

image.png

As you see there is a (summa) ie sum added so that the filter works on aggregated data, my result looks like:

image.png

Does this work for you?

//Fredrik

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

VA7.4 allows you to do that, I do not know about VA7.3

Add a slider to the section prompt area, check if you can assign your aggregated measure.

Also note, if you are using the filter tab on a report object, and want to choose the the aggregated measure, they come right after the category variables.

RonaldHof
Calcite | Level 5

Hi FrederikE,

Thanks for your response but your situation is a little different. In your example “Capital_Allocated” is not an aggregated measure but a regular measure. In the filter-tab you filter on the aggregated value of a regular measure (sum). My variable “Zakelijke kilometers (laatste 12 maand)” is already an (complex) aggregated measure which contains a rolling sum. In the filter-tab I cannot select an already aggregated measure for filtering.

Ronald

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

What a pity, I tried with a less complex but still calculated aggregated measure and that worked, so I thought that all aggregated measures could be used...

Now I trid with a more complex one using parallell periods and that did not work 😞

I am stuck.

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation