BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ayushupadhyay22
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to summarize a data set to be used in Report Designer. However to summarize it I need to transpose the dataset. I  would like to know is there any way to do that in Data preparation of SAS VA.

Also, is there a reference or a help guide on how to use data preparation  in SAS VA.

2 REPLIES 2
TobiasH
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Ayushupadhyay,

as far as I know there is no "click and done" way to transpose data in SAS VA. You can write an own code (go to the code section when being in the databuilder queries and unlock the code) and then you can use all Options being offered by SAS BASE. This includes PROC TRANSPOSE (http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/61895/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000063661.htm).

However maybe you do not need to summarize the data in the data prep already but can perform this by the Report? Also you might concider working with calculated items in the Report which you can summarize afterwards at run time of the Report. It depends on your data set whether this is an Option for you.

Best,

Tobias

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @ayushupadhyay22

Did you check the Use the Pivot By Feature page?

It might give you what you're looking for.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation