BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I have made one of my VA report to be integrated into one of the website. Everything works well when client tries to open the report in Laptop/Desktop browser. But when client open the same report via the website in his/her mobile/ipad, the report dosent open and ask to open the report in SAS BI App.

Can somebody help me, how to overcome this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Pathak 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Have you tried the "Request desktop site" in the browser options on the mobile device?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
art297
Opal | Level 21

Probably a silly question, on my part, but have you downloaded the app? (http://support.sas.com/software/products/mobile-bi/)

avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for quick reply.

I can understand the report will open if you have SAS BI App installed in your mobile/iPad. But as per requirement , the report should open in the browser itselft irrespective of the device i.e. Laptop/mobile/Ipad.

Is there any way that we can attain this? i.e. VA reports getting opened in mobile/iPad's browser instead of SAS BI App.

Thnaks & Regards,

Abhishek Pathak

SASKiwi
PROC Star

As I understand it SAS VA will only run on internet browsers running on Windows or Linux OS devices. For other operating systems like Apple and Android SAS provides Mobile BI. Check out the system requirements here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikvisanlytofrvssr/68901/HTML/default/index.htm...

avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi ,

May be VA can be installed in Linux/Windows only. But the VA reports links can be opened in any of the platform where browser is installed.

The problem here what I am facing is VA reports has inbuilt code (CSS , HTML) written where it detects the type of device used to open the VA reports. The time the code detects it is getting opened in Mobile/iPad browser, it dosent allow the reports to be opened and rather asks to open the report in SAS BI app.

I was just trying to overcome this SAS Built-in feature. Is there any configuration changes that we can do inorder to overcome this feature?

Thanks & regards,

Abhishek Pathak

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I did a bit more digging. It appears classic view reports are limited to Windows-based browsers, but modern view reports (using HTML5) are able to run on Apple OS X 10 browsers. Note SAS VA is specifically not supported on mobile devices - you must use SAS Mobile BI. Check this link:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/prod-h/hc/2.5/en/HTML/Common_Components_HTML_System_Reqs.htm#Co...

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Have you tried the "Request desktop site" in the browser options on the mobile device?

avvy
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,
I never came across the option "Request desktop site". Can you please explain where shall i get this option?
Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Pathak
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

In chrome on android you press the 3 dots icon for settings then tick the box (I think IOS has similar)

some info here - https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-request-desktop-version-of-a-web-site-in-chrome-for-android/

avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Sorry for the delay in reply. Thnaks for the solution. It worked but some limitations are there like links from the image is not working in VA dashboard which I will try to resolve.

Also I am trying that manual selection of "View as Desktop" to be automated. If you have ome Idea on this, please share it.

Thanks & regards,

Abhishek pathak

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Good to hear this works as an imperfect solution. Perhaps that is why SAS doesn't officially support it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation