Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

How to Add Action Button on SAS VA and Reset a Variable

New Contributor

How to Add Action Button on SAS VA and Reset a Variable

Hello,

I am looking for following functionalities on SAS VA:

1) To have a button - clicking the button will copy data from one variable to the other variable

2) Reassign a variable post its use - For ex. V2 = 5;  V1 = V2 * 2; after this calculation V2 = 10

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. I am using SAS VA 7.3.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Shobhane

SAS Super FREQ

Re: How to Add Action Button on SAS VA and Reset a Variable

Hello Gaurav,

Parameters in VA might be what you are looking for.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1or3teobyuoskn1l3oy4...

I'm not sure if it is possible to have a button copy one variable to another. When you say "variable" here, you mean a single value, yes? As opposed to a column in a table?
New Contributor

Hi Sam,
Yes I am a looking to copy a variable rather than a column in table. I want to retain few values which will not change as per the selection. For ex I want to copy a variable and retain it once a user does first selection. Post subsequent selections I don't value of the derived variable in first selection to change. Hence, I am looking for an action button which will act only when desired.
SAS Super FREQ

Thanks for the clarification. I don't think this is possible, unfortunately.

If you write this functionality up as an idea here:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/idb-p/sas_ideas/label-name/sas%20visual%20analyt...

Then it will be reviewed as a possible feature for a future release.
Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation