Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

How many users can use SAS VA

Occasional Contributor

How many users can use SAS VA

[ Edited ]

How do i figure out how many  simultaneous users can use SAS VA in our current VA set up 7.3.

Windows server with non distributed lasr server.

PROC Star

Re: How many users can use SAS VA

Ask your SAS local office office, they will have sizing documents that will work the other way too.

It all depends on what your users are doing, the size of the data, how many cores and memory you have.

As a rough guess i'd say 2-4 heavy users and up to 20-30 report consumers Smiley Happy

//Fredrik

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the information.

Will keep the number in mind and also get in touch with the SAS.

Br,

m

Community Manager

Hi @manial,

I'm glad you found some useful info! If @FredrikE's reply was the exact solution to your problem, can you "Accept it as a solution"? Or if it was particularly helpful, feel free to "Like" it. This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what worked.

Thanks!
Anna

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to AnnaBrown

Hi @AnnaBrown,

Yes, @FredrikE's reply has given us the good idea about the sizing and as suggested we got connected with SAS for sizing queries with details of our server configuration, no of tables and table size and number of users, type of super users and report consumer.

BR,

m

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation