Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

How do you load data from Hadoop to LASR automatically after restart of LASR server?

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do you load data from Hadoop to LASR automatically after restart of LASR server?

[ Edited ]

I am new to the SAS world, and I am working on getting things setup in my production environment.  I have Oracle data that is going into Hadoop and then on to LASR memory.  Obviously, when my LASR server is restarted, the data in memory is lost.  Thus, on restart, I need to reload my data from Hadoop into LASR.  Can someone confirm that I have this process correct...or, suggest a better way of doing this.  My process is as follows:

Job:  Load data from Oracle to Hadoop

-  Schedule this job to refresh Hadoop data from Oracle

Job:  Load data from Hadoop to LASR

-  Schedule this job as needed to refresh LASR data from Hadoop (as often as needed, based on changes in Oracle)

-  Schedule this job to run after LASR start, to load data from Hadoop to LASR after LASR server has been restarted

Is my thinking correct?  Any way to do this via AutoLoader?  Any better suggestions?

Thanks,

Ricky 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-26-2017 07:35 AM
SAS Employee

Re: How do you load data from Hadoop to LASR automatically after restart of LASR server?

I think your process is a good one.  We do something similar in the SAS IT department when we restart VA.  All you need to do is to quickly lift from HDFS to LASR so that customers can see the data again after a restart.  Furthermore, we like to have this process run as fast as possible so typically we diable metadata updates after a restart b/c it should be in sync already from the previous load.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-26-2017 07:35 AM
SAS Employee

Re: How do you load data from Hadoop to LASR automatically after restart of LASR server?

I think your process is a good one.  We do something similar in the SAS IT department when we restart VA.  All you need to do is to quickly lift from HDFS to LASR so that customers can see the data again after a restart.  Furthermore, we like to have this process run as fast as possible so typically we diable metadata updates after a restart b/c it should be in sync already from the previous load.

Contributor

Thank you!

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation