Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

How do Network Map visualization on 8.2 plot on geomaps

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do Network Map visualization on 8.2 plot on geomaps

I've been able to get the network maps to work the way I want in 8.2, but when i converted and used the same categorical data (which is nationality as you can see from the redacted screeshot) into geo items, the data does not plot itself automatically on map. Am I missing a trick somewhere. how do i overlay source and target geo data on a network map? Anyone?

networkmaps.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Super FREQ

Re: How do Network Map visualization on 8.2 plot on geomaps

Posted in reply to govdata_guy

Hi, the network plot doesn't automatically turn on geospatial rendering - you will need to go into Options panel and check the 'Map background' option. Note, this option is only available if both your source/target roles are geographical items. From your screenshot it seems the 'nationality' data item is still a categorical item (it's icon indicates it's categorical). So make sure to change it's classification to geographical first using the data panel (icon should become a globe). The same applies to the target role.

Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, the network plot doesn't automatically turn on geospatial rendering - you will need to go into Options panel and check the 'Map background' option. Note, this option is only available if both your source/target roles are geographical items. From your screenshot it seems the 'nationality' data item is still a categorical item (it's icon indicates it's categorical). So make sure to change it's classification to geographical first using the data panel (icon should become a globe). The same applies to the target role.

Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to FalkoSchulz

Hello Falko,

Thank you for the blazingly fast reply. I added the geo data categories and the map background selection appeared in the options menu. All's good. Thank you very much

Loved your fatality analysis dashboard btw Smiley Happy 

nw3.jpg

SAS Super FREQ

Awesome. That's looking good!!! Glad it helped.

Cheers, Falko

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation