Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

How do I update an In-Memory LASR Table with an extra column

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do I update an In-Memory LASR Table with an extra column

I am implementing a LASR Table Swap out using this document as a guide: https://communities.sas.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/library/article-id/2371

I am successfully able to do the swap. However, when I need to add a column to the table being swapped, it updates the metadata but not the In-Memory table with the new column. As a result the swap is not successful because the original table still doesn't have the new column.

I am using IMSTAT for my swap. I don't see any option to add column. The Update statement I believe is for the rows.

Please advice.

PROC IMSTAT DATA = LASRLIB.&Original_Table;
   		WHERE 1=1;
	RUN;
   	DELETEROWS / PURGE;
	RUN;
   		TABLE LASRLIB.&Original_Table;
   		SET &table_name;
	RUN;

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-28-2018 09:59 AM
Super User

Re: How do I update an In-Memory LASR Table with an extra column

As I understand it, IMSTAT can add or delete rows, but not add columns from another source table, although you can create computed columns. To add columns I would delete the LASR table entirely then use a DATA step to do a complete table load.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-28-2018 09:59 AM
Super User

As I understand it, IMSTAT can add or delete rows, but not add columns from another source table, although you can create computed columns. To add columns I would delete the LASR table entirely then use a DATA step to do a complete table load.

New Contributor

Thank you very much, That is the approach I took.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation