BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dmjones
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS community,

I'm having some trouble with the interactive query of a table from a DB (i.e., click 'Run') and the LASR table scheduler (i.e., click the clock symbol and set a nightly query for new records).

When I view my data prep setup within VA Data Builder, I've set the 'Where' clause to include all desired records after a given date (1st May). Running this with the interactive query produces the correct result:

77                 RECORDS.trn_dt >= '01May2017'd

The following day howerver, the table comes back missing the current month (July). Looking at the Batch Logs, I see that the SAS code on the scheduler reflects an older version of my Data Prep file, where I only wanted 1st May to 30th June:

77                 RECORDS.trn_dt Between '01May2017'd AND '30Jun2017'd

How do I ensure that the scheduler is using the current version of my files, and how can I manage the scheduler directly?

(SAS 9.4 using web browser interface SAS VA)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Did you change the filter after you created the schedule? Because existing schedules do not pick up changes made after they are created. You must reschedule based on the current state of the query.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Did you change the filter after you created the schedule? Because existing schedules do not pick up changes made after they are created. You must reschedule based on the current state of the query.

dmjones
Calcite | Level 5

That did it! I was under the assumption that the scheduler would run the most recent version of the file, but re-scheduling the query fixed the issue. Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation