Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

How do I create this VA Gauge/Chart

Frequent Contributor

How do I create this VA Gauge/Chart

Hi all,

I've been browsing various online resources for VA and spotted a chart/gauge that looked interesting but I'm not sure how it was created.

Its part of this blog - here

The chart/gauge is this one

Capture.GIF

Two questions (I'm guessing its straight forward functionlity I've missed)

• How do I get the charts/gauges to show in the table cells?
  • How do I get the segments of the charts/gauge to colour if the indicator is in them as above?
Super User

Re: How do I create this VA Gauge/Chart

Hi There,

It is easily achieved by having a Display Rule in a Table Object and select a Bullet style Gauge. Have a look through the Adding Table-Level Display Rules in the SAS Visual Analytics documentation.

Instead of using the default "Icon" Gauge type - change it to a Bullet using the drop-down arrow. You can then set the colours of the bullet as you desire.

addnewdisplayrulegaugedialogbox.png

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Frequent Contributor

Thank you,

Will that that process allow the gauge segments to change colour dynamically based on the value?

n the screen shot it looks like the green shade is shown when the pointer is in the segment, otherwise its greyscale. From quickly scanning the guide I cant see how to achieve that?

Super User

The colors are determined by the display rule settings. As you say the documentation doesn't describe the display rule settings for a gauge but it works the same way as the Icon as shown the screenshots below.

SASVA-Table-DisplayRule1.png

SASVA-Table-DisplayRule2.png

Now that you know how to create the bullet style gauge in a table, have a go yourself and see if the colour settings meet your needs. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation