Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

How Do I Update Data on the selection of Report Prompts

New Contributor

How Do I Update Data on the selection of Report Prompts

Hi All

I am new to the world of SAS VA and still exploring things that this great product can do. I have a business requirement in which they want to run a business logic or a rule on selection of 2(From and To) dates. I am creating a service misuse dashboard/report where the business has a rule which covers something like how many transactions were with the same name but different Userid between 2 dates.

These transactions are the transactions coming into a web service for a response.

I have a dataquery which runs of the transaction table and calculates the logic but my predicament is how do I pass the dates from the VA report into this data query and then execute it.

Hope I have explained the requirement.

Thanks for your help.

Samir

Super User

Re: How Do I Update Data on the selection of Report Prompts

The usual VA approach is to load all history into a VA memory table then use the report prompt to select the data for your report. You don't need to run a separate query to select data this way as the report prompt handles it all.

New Contributor

Hi
Thank you for your response! I have the history of all transactions in my VA Table but my requirement is to find out how many of those transactions breached the "Same Name Different UserID" rule in a given period of time as selected by the Report User. So the selected time frame gives me all transactions which breached the rule in that period. If I calculate the rule for the whole dataset I would not be presenting a true picture of the Rule Dataset.

Thanks!
Samir
Super User

Is it possible to derive and store breach counts per day in your history data and then use that via a date selection prompt?

New Contributor

Hi

Thank you! Well it is possible to do that but what the requirement is : "To know how many transactions came through with the same Name and Different UserID for a selected peiod of time".

Now if i calculate this rule on a dayto day basis there is every possibility that many transactions will be false negatives. I mean they will be missed as SNDUid will not calcualte to true.

That is the issue. I am happy to put forth the suggestion but knowing the busines they will say No.

Is there a way I can get a data query executed on the fly using parameters from the SAS VA controls?

Thanks!

Samir

Super User

I'm not following why you need to calculate your business rule on-the-fly. If Name and Userid are in your data, then counting occurrences where they are not equal and also not missing prior to loading into VA still seems fine to me. I suggest you post a data example to illustrate your problem.  

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation