BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
puneetwadhwa85
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All, need your help. How can we display percentage contribution in the bar charts in SAS VA? eg. top 10% contributor 10-50% contributor and lest then 50% contributors with different color in single bar chart and data is given to us is without percentage calculation.

6 REPLIES 6
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

Create a new calculated item that is a percentage value using the new calculated data item window as described at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.4: User's Guide - Working with Calculated Data Items in Reports

Once you have the data item available then drag a new bar chart object into the workspace area and then click on the Display Rules tab on the left pane. Here, you want to set up a Graph-Level Display Rule as described at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.4: User's Guide - Adding Graph-Level Display Rule  to use in the bar chart.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

As you would normally calculate a percentage... the value of the data item divided by the sum of data item which is an aggregated measure. Once you do this you will get a decimal value and then you can use a percent format to have it as a percentage.

For example: if your data item is X then

X / Sum ForAll(X)

I think you may need to create a  new Aggregated Measure rather than so that the special Sum ForAll() function is available as described at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.4: User's Guide - Aggregated Measure

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
skillman
SAS Employee

Will you provide a sample of the data that is provided to you? I have developed something similar to this using custom categories. Although I want to see how the data is sourced prior to providing a solution.

Thanks,

-shawn

puneetwadhwa85
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Shawn,

I am attaching the data and I want top 10%, 10-50% and 50% above pending amount contributor. I want to display all these percentage yearwise, monthwise with their amount and color coding. This is just a sample data we have to do it for huge data.

Regards

Puneet

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation