03-20-2017 09:58 AM
Dear SAS community,
we have VA 7.3
(SAS version: 9.04.01M3P062415)
installed in distributed mode. We have 2 midtiers with web apps.
Our https certificate is valid until half of next month.
What steps from
should we do to update to the new one ?
Thank you very much,
03-20-2017 10:44 AM - edited 03-20-2017 10:46 AM
in short, it is all the steps that are related to the new certificates. Assuming that the SSL certificates are applied only to the SAS Web Server, the steps would be:
- Backup and then overwrite your certificate, the chain (and the private key, if it was also updated) on the ssl folder on the SAS Web Server, keeping the same names.
- Backup your jscerts from the SASPrivateJRE on your servers (all of them, and optionally you can also backup the cacerts, just to be sure).
- Restart and validate the SAS Web Server (httpd only)
- Deploy the newcertificates (Root, CA, the server certificate) into the jscerts with the SAS Deployment Manager (SAS servers)
- Deploy the new certificates (Root, CA, the server certificate) into the jscerts with the SAS Deployment Manager.(SAS clients)
- Restart the SAS services: generally it should be enough just with the middle tier, but I would ratther recommend all of the SAS Services, including the sas.exe for LASR.
- Validate the SAS Content Server
- Validate your VA application