BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kingshahmoo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone,

My colleauge and I were tasked with working on the same report which we are to build in SAS Viya 8.1 Visual Analytics. I was looking for any way to share the report so we could work on it simultaneously OR I work on one page of the report and she woks on the other, but found no options. I was wondering if there is a way to collaborate simultaneously on one report (Think of working on a Google Document where more than 1 user can edit realtime). If that is not possible, is there a way where i can work on the report on my own and she does the same in a different report and then we merge her work into my report? Any advice or direction would be appreciated

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kingshahmoo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi SASKiwi,

Thanks for the response. 

I was wondering if you have had any experience linking reports into a report? What we came up with was using links to link to the different report and having the main report act as like a landing page. Let me know if you have tried something like that in the past

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I don't think there is any way to do this reliably. You could possibly take a copy of the report and have the other person work on a different tab to what you are working on. But you wouldn't be able to make any changes to the data sources in the copy because there would be no way of adding those back to the original version. You would have to restrict changes in the copy to just laying out and configuring the report objects in that tab.

kingshahmoo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi SASKiwi,

Thanks for the response. 

I was wondering if you have had any experience linking reports into a report? What we came up with was using links to link to the different report and having the main report act as like a landing page. Let me know if you have tried something like that in the past

Cheers

kingshahmoo
Fluorite | Level 6
I actually just tired that and that's the closest feature to what i require. Thanks for your help once again SASKiwi

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation