BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rajisivarajan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

In SAS VA Designer Report, I have a requirement to hide sections created, based on a condition.

For example, if User1 logins he should be able to view a particular Section, and for User2 another section. And there are users required to access multiple sections too.

I explored a lot on hide/unhide report objects or sections, but i could not find any options or any solution for this.

Please share your experience on similar scenarios, how you resolved it.

Thanks and Regards,

Raji

3 REPLIES 3
sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

this goes with the administration level of VA. Either go through Administration guide or contact tech support.

SAS Visual Analytics

justin_sas
SAS Employee

Hi rajisivarajan,

Can you provide some more detail around what you are trying to do.

In VA 7.1 releasing on October 7th a new info window, this is a section that is hidden and isn't shown to the user till they link to it. Depending on what you mean by condition you maybe able to link to different info windows. It's a neat way to hide sections from users.

Are you trying to build one large report with lots of sections with content specific to users or you want to layout things in sections for those specific users?

Cheers,

Justin

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Thanks for sharing the 7.1 release date Smiley Happy

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation